Shell Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme 2016/2017 – Apply Now – The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited Scholarship Scheme offers 1st year students in all Nigerian universities a rear opportunity to study with an annual grant from the SPDC JV for the complete duration of their courses. The scholarship is aimed at promoting academic excellence and improving the skills of young Nigerians.
SPDC JOINT VENTURE UNIVERSITY SCHOLARSHIP AWARD SCHEME 2016/2017
Who is Qualified to apply?
- The merit-based scholarship is divided into two categories – the National Merit Award and the Areas of Operation Merit Award
1.) National Merit Award
- The National Merit award Is open to all Nigerians.
2.) Areas of Operation Merit Award, (OM)
- The areas of operation merit award is meant For Nigerians who are indigenes of SPDC’s operational area in Abia, Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers States.
- Must Be citizens of Nigeria, currently enrolled in an accredited course in an NUC approved university in Nigeria.
- Must Have gained admission during the 2015/2016 academic session, and pursuing a first degree programme.
- Must Have a minimum of seven O/Levels credits, including Mathematics and English.
- Must Be enrolled full-time, in a university in Nigeria at the undergraduate level with a minimum grade point average of 3.5 at the time of application (attach transcripts or official records).
The General Requirements
1.) Every applicants must have their personal valid/active email accounts (for consistent communication).
2.) Applicants who meet the above eligibility requirements should apply. Scanned copies of the following documents should be attached to the application:
- A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, and should not be more than 200kilobytes);
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Jamb Score
- ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
- Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
3.) Candidates for the Operational Area Award must also upload Scanned copies of letters of identification, (which must be stamped and signed) by:
- The Ruler of the Community; and
- The Chairman of the Community Development or Executive Council is also required of candidates for the Operational Area Awards .
- The letters must be addressed to The Manager,Shell Petroleum Development Company, Prodeco No 5, Room 10, Shell Industrial Area, Rumubiakani, Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
Application Closing Date: The closing date for application is on the 2nd December, 2016
- Each scanned document size must not be larger than 200KB and the image format must be JPEG.
- Shell does not demand payment from candidates. The application is FREE .
- Shell does not assign ‘Representatives’or ’Agents’ to assist applicants’ to process applications.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- The general public is hereby adviced to Beware of the fraud websites when applying for scholarships online Such websites will ask you to pay a certain amount of money for the programme, in some cases, even before submitting their application. These are completely fraudulent sites which should be avoided.
Shell Joint Venture University Scholarship Award Scheme 2016/2017